Monday, April 7, 2014

Steel & Ice by Emily Eck

I was lucky to receive an ARC for an honest review.

Ok. So, starting out, I had a really hard time getting into this book. A lot of drug use and slang talk. I almost felt stupid reading the first few chapters,  but once I got used to it, I really immersed myself in the story of Elle and J.

Elle comes from a hard childhood and has many issues. J, is jaded from a shitty childhood and a crap ex. They find each other and fall in love. J has a very sketchy "job" with an MC. Elle is a line cook at Applebee's,  while going to school and volunteering at a Latino Teen Center.

My only issue is that the book ends when I really began to give a shit about the characters and what was happening next.  I could totally do without so much drug use and the slang was horrible.  Who talks like that anymore?  All in all, I give it 3 and 1/2 stars. I really wanna read book two but only because of how book one ended.... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment